You float on a 10-inch deep solution of water and Epsom salt. The solution is heated to skin temperature and housed in a floatation "tank" or "pod" to block light and minimize sound.
Some of the benefits people have reported:
- Stress relief
- Pain relief
- Accelerated healing
- Better performance
Your first float is commonly called the "break-in" float. Getting used to the float environment and becoming comfortable with the process can take some time. To really give floatation therapy a shot, reserve judgment until after your third float.
Here is an overview of the process:
- Shower with the provided hair/body wash
- Insert ear plugs
- Carefully enter tank one foot at a time
- Lay back - feet will be near the tank door
- Push open tank door when music starts
- Shower to rinse away all salt - you are welcome to use any soap, shampoo, or conditioner you like
- Dress and exit the room